The School Day
The school day starts at 8.45am and finishes at 3.15pm
Start of the day:
The school gates open at 8.35am (from Jan 2024) and parents are asked that the children come straight to their classrooms on entry to school.
Parents should ‘drop off’ their children in the playground and not accompany them into the school building. This allows for a smooth, less crowded, transition from the cloakroom to the classroom and the children can be settled and ready to work at 8.45am.
It is expected that children do not arrive at school before 8.35am as there will not be any supervision before this time.
- Morning registration is 8.45am.
Break and lunch times:
KS1 and reception classes have a break in the morning, where fruit is available. Pupils may bring a healthy snack if they wish.
- KS2 break is at a later point of the morning. Pupils are welcome to bring a healthy snack for this break if they would like.
- Lunch time is at 12-1m. Pupils have a staggered lunch time, in order to allow for smooth running of the dinners. Most of KS2 go second into lunch at 12.30pm
End of the day:
- Gates open to parents at 3.15pm, and parents should then make their way to their child's classroom. Parents should remain on the playground, unless asked to enter by a member of staff.
- KS1 classes and Year 3 are dismissed from their classroom doors when a parent/ carer can be clearly seen by the member of staff.
- KS2 come downstairs and are dismissed from the corridor doors when a parent/carer is seen or if a separate arrangement has been made with the class teacher (e.g. some pupils in older classes walk and meet parents to develop independence)
- Year 6 are dismissed from the school office when a parent/carer is seen or if a separate arrangement has been made with the class teacher (e.g. some pupils in older classes walk and meet parents to develop independence)
- If your child is going to be picked up by someone who wouldn't normally do this role, the school must be informed either through the school office or to the teacher directly.
- It is expected that all pupils will have left the site by 3.25pm, unless they are taking part in an extra curricular activity.